Clinics & Retreats
Village Hill Retreats and Training Camps
Coming in 2019!
Private, personalized retreats for the active lifestyle enthusiast!
Overnight Stays and “Play for the Day” options!
RETREATS OFFERED (2-4 individuals)
FOCUSED TRAINING RETREATS: Get ready to race your best! Whether it’s working on skills or the need to put in some big Coach Martha prescribed workout days, you’ll leave ready to rock the distance or the intensity! Read more here.
BIKE TOURING AND YOGA: We will take you on some of our favorite rides (mostly flat or mostly hilly – it’s up to you) with some of the best scenery in Western, Massachusetts. Read more here.
HIKING AND YOGA: If you love being in nature and enjoy walking the trails – this one’s for you! Read more here.
HIKING, BIKING and YOGA: We’ll combine the best of the two previously noted by guiding you through a morning hike and an afternoon bike on our favorite roads and trails here in Western, MA!
2018 Toast Your Buns Off Fall Run Series
Check it out HERE!
I’m Worth It – Women’s Walk, Run and Yoga Retreat (2016-2017)
Join us for our three day Retreat at the Guesthouse Retreat Center in Chester, CT during a crisp, fall foliage weekend! Imagine spending your time each day with a guided walk along peaceful state park trails and roads, practicing gentle yoga, enjoying three healthy meals, sitting by an evening bonfire, listening to talks on the importance of making choices that nurture your body and spirit. Share in brief, silent meditation and gratitude sessions and take time to simply relax and get away from the fast pace and noise of the outside world. We also offer guided JOGS if you prefer. This is a perfect Retreat for friends, sisters, mothers and daughters or just yourself. Aren’t you worth it?
Past Clinics and Talks
THRIVE! Creating and honoring values and practices that foster personal empowerment.
Getting a Grip on Fueling and Hydration for Optimal Performance and Recovery
There’s more to setting yourself up for a great race day than the training piece alone. Consistent quality sleep, refinement of technique, positive imagery, nutritional timing and choice all play a role in allowing you to give your best on race or key workout days. This discussion will focus on the nutritional piece.
Topics will include:
- Understanding the importance and role of various forms of carbohydrates as well as the timing of consumption for pre workout, workout and post workout fuel.
- Carbohydrate store maintenance and its relationship to performance and a healthy immune system.
- How to increase the use of stored fat for fuel during exercise.
- Recovery fuel – the best combination for optimal recovery.
- Optimal hydration planning – how to avoid the disastrous experiences of bloated gut, vomiting and cramping.
Triathlon 101 – Preparing for your first triathlon
This clinic will cover all the basic information you need to know to be prepared for your first triathlon. Topics include:
- Equipment needs
- What to wear
- Key swim, bike and run workout progressions
- Fueling for your race
Learn to Love Your Bike
Basic things you need to know about correct bike fit.
- Tips on how to solve minor snafus that can go wrong on a bike ride
- How to change a tire
- Review of “must do” indoor cycling drills
I’ve Tri’d Now What?
- Off Season Training Suggestions
- Thinking ahead, phases of training
- Key Strength Exercises for Triathletes
Running Skills and Drill Clinic
- Correct Running Form
- What to look for and how to visualize it
- Warm-up and Movement Preparation Drills for High Quality and Easy Runs
- Run Training Suggestions and Tips to Avoid Injury and Perform at Your Best
Swimming Skills for the Beginner and Intermediate
This clinic will focus on a variation of drills for balance, buoyancy, rotation, and a streamline body position. You will leave with a series of drills to practice on your own and help to increase your swimming efficiency!
Triathlon Transition Clinic
Learn the in’s and out’s of being organized and prepared for the swim to bike and bike to run transition.